The Catholic Charities Opportunity Center
The Opportunity Center, located near downtown Minneapolis, provides a place for those experiencing homelessness to connect with resources to move toward self-sufficiency.
- Breakfast: 7 a.m. - 8 a.m.
- Lunch: 11:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m.
- Laundry: 8 a.m. - 11 a.m. $1 to wash and dry
- Showers: 8 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Lockers: $5 charge for 30-day rental. Lockers are accessible at 8 a.m., 10:45 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Mail: This address can be used to receive mail. Mail is not checked over the phone and I.D. is required to receive mail.
- Employment: Assistance with job search, resumes, one-on-one support and access to job skills training.
Monday - Friday 8:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. and 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Foot care: Sole Care for Souls provides foot care and massages each Wednesday 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Healthcare for the Homeless: Health clinic each Tuesday and Thursday 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Hennepin County: Access workers screen for county benefits, shelter, mental health services, medical and other programs.
- Rapid Re-housing: Short-term homeless individuals who have a permanent source of monthly income (more than General Assistance) can receive help finding housing
- Transition Support: Intake and screening for housing, mental health, food support, medical, chemical/alcohol dependency and various community resources.
Monday - Friday 8:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- Veterans' Outreach: Representatives from the Department of Veterans' Affairs are available to discuss benefits eligibility with veterans.
- Voicemail: Set up free voicemail provided by Twin Cities Community Voicemail
740 17th Street East
Minneapolis, MN 55404
612.375.9105 fax View Larger Map